My photo
Los Angeles, California, United States

Monday, September 08, 2008

It's morning in Los Angeles.
I'm writing from the desk in my apartment at a time I would normally be at the restaurant I manage, getting through a lunch rush on my way to Nowheresville. But not today, because it's morning in Los Angeles.
I finally got the sack to say, as so many before have said, "Take this job and shove it; I ain't working here no more."
No, I didn't win the lottery. No, I haven't been scrimping and saving for years to take some time off and look for a better job. Instead, I said, "Fuck this. This job isn't taking me where I need to go. Time for me to take a leap."
It's been a while since I've done that.
I'm now a tutor, an assistant, and an aspiring writer. Again. And it feels good.
More to come.

No comments: