My photo
Los Angeles, California, United States

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

A few thoughts to begin the day...
1) I'm now sitting alone atop the standings of my fantasy football league. Yeah, it's my first year. True managerial genius coupled with beginner's luck is a deadly combo.
2) A River Runs Through It is a kind of a bullshit movie. I'm not sure I buy the whole "healing power of fly-fishing" thing. I don't think I'm the first man to express skepticism about this, but I'm pretty sure that I'm more bored with the notion that the past was somehow simpler than the present.
3) Matt Hasselbeck is back, but is he really back. Do I start him next week or go with the surprisingly resurgent Steve "Air" McNair against the Bengals? I'm glad I had last week's matchup sewn up before the first half of Monday night's game because I'm sure that Hasselbeck's spotty first half play, when taken with literally the worst service I've ever received at a bar would have sent me totally over the edge. I'm already trying to keep of the cigs here. I don;t blame the bar, but our waitress was probably thinking more about this Backstage than the one she was working at. Good luck on that audition, lady!

No comments: