My photo
Los Angeles, California, United States

Thursday, March 27, 2003

A good friend currently attending law school brings us this dispatch from academia:
Last night our prof opened the floor for a 45 minute discussion on the war.
I just wanted to share with you a couple of the comments that were made by
the enlightened and educated future lawyers of America. I hate class discussions...

One girl said - Bush is like Hitler. I never understood how Hitler could gain
such a following without anyone bothering to question what he was doing, but
now by watching Bush make these decisions without anybody questioning him -- I can understand.

Another said - Well it doesn't seem fair that if we get to have weapons of mass
destruction why [Saddam] he can't...

The prof even made a comment about this being a war about oil.

Off to class - hopefully this professor sticks to teaching law...


My generation -- hell, my parents' generation, too -- is so predictable.

No comments: