My photo
Los Angeles, California, United States

Thursday, March 27, 2003

So I've been out of circulation for about a week, and for that I'm sorry. I was house/dog-sitting and the Internet connection available to me was less than prime. Plus I'm lazy...very lazy.
I'm also sorry that some of you may have felt let down by my relative silence. Of course, I'm also sorry that some of you might be relying on me for pertinent and insightful commentary. I feel sorry for you if that's the case.
Seriously, there's been just heaps of good commentary since the shooting began. At-home commentray is great, like Andrew Sullivan and National Review; The Weekly Standard has people over there (Steve Hayes and Matt Labash are doing a great job in Kuwait)...plus all manner of traditional media outlets. Everyone's doing a good job out there.
I think this whole "embedding" thing is great. What better way to get truly objective commentary than to have reporters see what the soldiers see? Not to mention the fact that I'm extremely jealous. I wish I were out there. Tried to get some of the guys from my fraternity to fund my trip out there...surprisingly, they didn't seem too keen on it. Skinflints.

No comments: